Baby massage is suitable for all babies but can be particularly beneficial for babies that:
- Have colic, wind or constipation.
- Have reflux problems (relaxation of muscles).
- Were born premature (stimulation).
- Have special needs (physical benefits).
- Were adopted (increase bonding).
What are the benefits of baby massage for my baby?
- Relieves colic, constipation, diarrhoea and other digestion disorders.
- Relaxes baby and encourages better sleep patterns.
- Strengthens immune system.
- Improves bonding and communication between baby and parent.
- Calms infant and helps baby to learn to relax.
- Reduces crying and fussing.
- Promotes sounder and longer sleep.
- Helps tone muscles.
- Regulates breathing and relieves nasal congestion.
- Improves skin texture and blood circulation.
- Brings relief for teething pain.
What are the benefits of baby massage for you?
- Baby massage is a great way to spend quality time with your baby.
- It brings relaxation to the parent who is massaging.
- It provides a special focused time that helps deepen bonding.
- It improves parent-child communication.
- It helps you to understand & respond to your baby's non-verbal cues.
- It promotes feelings of competence & confidence in caring for baby.
- It increases your ability to help your child relax in times of stress.
- It helps you relax & have fun with your child.
- Group classes are a great way of meeting other parents and getting out of the house in a social setting.